First Aid Only Training
Who Should Take The Course?
First Aid Heartsaver courses are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
– First Aid Basics (duties, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers, key steps of first aid)
– Medical Emergencies (breathing, choking, allergic reaction, heart attack, stroke, and more)
– Injury Emergencies (external and internal bleeding, wounds, sprain, broken bones, burns, and more)
– Environmental Emergencies (bites and stings, cold- and heat-related emergencies, poisonings, and more)
– Preventing Illness and Injury
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding
- Recognize elements of common injuries and illnesses
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an Adult Child and Infant
- Describe when and how to help a choking Adult ,Child Infant choking
Upon successful completion of the course, including a First Aid skills and demonstration AED skills test, students receive a Heartsaver First Aid AED course completion card that is valid for two years.